Pages

Sunday, July 20, 2014

OH this cruel cruel world

Sometimes all it takes is one person to influence you for the better. For me this person is my mom. She just has a way of putting into words how reality works and her words just capture everything perfectly. It is so hard hearing your dad say to you that he is sad watching you clean tables and make sandwiches after earning a degree. It was even harder for me to admit that I am completely and utterly lost. Even if someone put the road to success in front of me I wouldn't know what to do with it. After some time I just gave up and I didn't care about anything. Recently I have had some hope. I have decided that I need to do things for myself. I have been working out early in the mornings, I have been searching for jobs, I have been doing things that make me happy. I know I am capable of doing so much more than just working at a sub shop. I just need someone to give me a chance. The first step is complete: I have reapplied to University and I am starting in January of next year. The second step is the hardest: Find a better job. I am going to make this happen. Here is to a better future.

No comments:

Post a Comment