Pages

Friday, July 11, 2014

A Series of Unfortunate Events: Starring my Life

Being a broke college student is hard but I have perfected that art for the past four years. Now that I actually have a piece of paper that says I have a BS (pretty much bullshit) degree in Psychology I can't seem to do anything with it. You know you have hit rock bottom when the animal clinic won't even hire you. I mean damn, I know how to do things but I just don't have the "experience" that most companies are looking for. EXPERIENCE is a 10 letter word that will be the bane of your existence. In simple words if you don't have it, tough luck my friend. Being the first person in my family to get this far I literally didn't have anyone to turn to for advice. I learned about GREs and internships, externships, research opportunities and recommendation letters in my senior year. While everyone else had already jumped the bandwagon into experience land I am just sitting over here on google trying to figure out what the hell an internship is. So I have decided that I am going back to school. Why? I want another shot at doing things the right way. More internships, more externships, more research=no life for me (not that I had one anyways but that is besides the point I am trying to make here). This is my second chance at proving people wrong and making my family proud and instead of four years I get to do it in one. Watch out world cause here I come....just don't expect me to run...that is not a pretty sight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment