Pages

Monday, June 2, 2014

Review: Losing It by Cora Carmack

 Summary:
Sick of being the only virgin among her friends, Bliss Edwards decides the best way to deal with the problem is to lose it as quickly and simply as possible - a one-night stand. But her plan turns out to be anything but simple when she freaks out and leaves a gorgeous guy alone and naked in her bed with an excuse that no one with half-a-brain would ever believe. And as if that weren't embarrassing enough, when she arrives for her first class of her last college semester, she recognizes her new theatre professor. She'd left him naked in her bed about 8 hours earlier.

Review:
I went to a bookfair on campus and got the opportunity to sit in on Cora Carmack's book interview. I must say that it is nice to see such a young author who understands what it is like to be awkward. When I went to her book signing she was full of smiles and appreciation. Even though there were people waiting, I talked to her about how funny I thought she was and how it translates to her books.I even told her about how I am that awkward twenty two year old who had to grow up quickly. I told her how I am about to start grad school and how I want to combine my knowledge of psychology and criminal justice and go into forensic psychology. She laughed and told me that she would write a book about me and I could act in the movie about the book. She is literally a great person. A little birdie told me to embrace my awkward and I couldn't think of anything more perfect that was ever said to me. She also gave great advice to new adult writers which made me appreciate her even more. She isn't afraid to state her mind and I like that about her.


Losing it was my very first New Adult book that I read. Although it was a little too short and face paced I enjoyed it. All the awkward in this book was written to perfection. I for one could relate to the awkward interaction in this book because I am so socially awkward it hurts. Parts of the book had me laughing because I could imagine myself in that same situation. I mean when in doubt just say that you have to pick up your cat at the vet. what could possibly go wrong? Oh...yeah...you don't actually have a cat. Whoops.


This book stays true to the college scene and how someone in their twenties acts and I believe that is due to Cora being in her twenties as well.  She told us in her book interview that most new adult books focus on the romance factor and even though most romance stories are over the top, this one was funny and relatable therefore it wasn't overdone.

Overall, I enjoyed reading this book and meeting Cora Carmack. If you ever get a chance to go meet her please do you won't regret it.



No comments:

Post a Comment