Pages

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Reivew: Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi

Summary:
tick
tick
tick
tick
tick
it's almost
time for war.

Juliette has escaped to Omega Point. It is a place for people like her—people with gifts—and it is also the headquarters of the rebel resistance.

She's finally free from The Reestablishment, free from their plan to use her as a weapon, and free to love Adam. But Juliette will never be free from her lethal touch.

Or from Warner, who wants Juliette more than she ever thought possible.

In this exhilarating sequel to Shatter Me, Juliette has to make life-changing decisions between what she wants and what she thinks is right. Decisions that might involve choosing between her heart—and Adam's life.

Review:
I was so deprived from books for a while that when I got this one it was like FREEDOM. I literally wanted to just the book to read itself to me. I needed to know what happens to Juliette and Adam. After reading Shatter Me, it was hard trying to pick up a sequel and think that it would ever be as good as the first one but I knew deep down that Tahereh had something up her sleeve.


 Once again I was floored by Mafi's description of the setting. Through her words we get a sense of what it is really like to actually be right there in the moment. Her imagery is out of this world. Her words are so captivating and raw. It's MAGIC.

In the first book you saw Juliette as very timid and drawn back from the world but in this book you see her branch out a little. It is partly due to the fact that she is starting to embrace her talent. She learns that she is more than just a powerful touch. I am glad that Juliette finally had a voice. I feel that one of the reasons that she came to a standstill with Adam is because he was okay with everything as long as he called the shots and he was in control. You see that Juliette is finally coming into her own and with her new powers she doesn't have to be afraid anymore. But for Adam it is about control and if he doesn't have that he breaks down. He is more fragile than her. We were introduced to Adams character as someone who just wanted to protect Juliette but we never really got a chance to actually know him. Although I don't think that Warner is a better choice but he loves Juliette for who she is. He solely believes in her. 

I didn't want to like Warner at first. I knew he was a conflicted person. But I knew there was more to his story than just being some ruthless person with no emotions. He practically became goo around Juliette. But I believe that is all apart of Mafi's charm when she writes. Deep down she knows that we as readers always root for the bad guy. I want to be wrong about Warner but I am drawn to his character the more I resist.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Kenji's character. He is the comic relief and I enjoyed every scene he was a part of. Although he is a secondary character he made the biggest impact. He was determined to do anything for the cause of fighting back. He was a good buffer to all the chaos.

Overall, I think that this book allows us to see in how the characters have grown. It was a good book but I believe that Shatter Me still stands on its own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment