Pages

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Review: The Fault In Our Stars Movie (This review contains spoilers!)

Review:
First of all I just want to start out by thanking my best friend Alysha for allowing me to go to the screening of this movie with her. I am so glad that we are friends and we haven't lost track of who we are and what we like. Thank you for just being you and accepting me for who I am

This movie was a lot funnier than I originally thought it would be. The casting for this movie was perfect. The story is heart warming. The film was amazing. I will even dare to say that not only did the movie give the book justice but it was even better than the book.

One part in particular that I was drawn to was when they visit the Anne Frank House. In the book that moment was a  small part, but in the movie as Anne's recording is playing you notice the parallelism between their lives.

My friend and I made a bet that she wouldn't cry during the movie because I already knew I would. Not only did we cry (and I became 5$ richer) but we both sobbed. We were one hiccup away from full on meltdown. The struggle was real. The one part in the book that made me start crying was when Augustus takes Hazel to the bench and tells her that his cancer is back. That part also got to me in the movie as well. The one part that I just couldn't stop myself from crying was when Hazel states her fear. She was fearful that her parents will be alone and they will go crazy when she dies. I think the one fear that we as kids have is hurting our parents. In Hazel's case she feared that her death would end all happiness that her parents would ever have and that her mother would no longer be a mother <insert my sobbing face here>

The movie and book are both great. It teaches you that life is short. Not because people say it is but because tomorrow is uncertain. After talking with my friend and a few other people in the past week it is really hard for me to grasp the fact that I haven't done anything that is worth talking about in my life.I don't just want to sit here and lay waste to this one precious life that I was given. I don't want to wait until something bad happens to want to do what I didn't. I want to start living my life the way I imagined it being. Nothing is forever, but there are infinite amount of possibilities.                                                                                                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment