Pages

Monday, June 2, 2014

Review: Fault In Our Stars by John Green

Summary:
Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel's story is about to be completely rewritten.

Review:
In honor of going to the screening of this movie tomorrow I decided to finally do my review of this book. I really hope that the movie stays true to the book. 


My picture edit.


The first thing that got me excited for this book was the quotes that people were putting up on tumblr and such. I bought the book with my mom and I remember reading her the little summary in the back and we both  almost started crying from just that little snip bit. 

Let me start off by saying that this book has the best quotes. One of my favorite quotes is:

This story is about falling in love. Its about being happy no matter the circumstances. Its about taking a risk when all you want to do is just give up. This book is filled with emotions, the good, the bad and the ugly. This story is not just one big sob story, it has an off balance. There are parts that you can't help but smile while you read. Then there are parts that you can't help but feel how deep the words can be.There is no fluff. No BS.With John's writing you get the story without the dramatics. This story is as honest and raw as it gets.

The love between Hazel and Augustus is pure. Their love has nothing to do with looks. It comes from the heart. It is probably the definition of true love. They fall in love with each other. They fall in love with life.

Overall, this book is beautiful and tragic at the same time. I never knew that one person can poetically make something depressing and funny within the same sentence. Yes, I did cry while reading this book. I have lost a loved one to cancer and to read about the pain and struggle made me think of that moment in time. To some it might not be the best read or the best book but I recommend that you at least give it a read before you judge it by what everyone else thinks. You might even be suprised

No comments:

Post a Comment