Pages

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Art: Klaus Mikaelson/Joseph Morgan

I love watching The Originals and The Vampire Diaries and I have gone to two conventions and have meet a lot of the actors. This portrait took me about 6 months to finish. I am my hardest critique. I had to capture his smirk just the right way and I kind of gave up on his nose at one point. I must have erased his nose a good 6 times. I remember irritating the crap out of my mom, asking her "mom is it straight. mom tell me its straight. ugh its not straight." Although my usual art pieces in high school are much darker and took me years to finish, I was proud of myself for starting this project light and adding the dark parts later. My art teacher would be so proud of me. He took away my darker art pencils at one point, to him I was "fearless" because I always started my projects with my darkest pencils. I left no room for error because at that point I had no choice. Art is my escape from reality and I just lose myself in the small intricate details that goes into each piece. This isn't my best work and lately I have lost my touch but I am proud of how it came out.

No comments:

Post a Comment